Welcome to the Fenn Bell Conservation Project!
IMPORTANT COVID 19 UPDATE
DUE TO THE CHANGES AND RESTRICTIONS AT THIS TIME, WE ARE HAVING TO DO THINGS A LITTLE DIFFERENT ON SITE. THESE MEASURES WILL BE IN PLACE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- We are open Wednesday to Sunday. CLOSED MONDAY AND TUESDAY. Our opening times are 11 AM till 5 PM.
- There will be a LIMITED AMOUNT OF TICKETS PER DAY. We STRONGLY advise booking your tickets in advance (tickets booked are non-refundable). Any tickets that have not been sold by 11am that morning will be made available for walk in customers BUT once they have gone we will not be allowing anyone else in.
- Tickets bought will allow you into the zoo at any time between 11am to 5 pm on the day you have purchased them.
- Please remember THERE IS A MAXIMUM OF 6 PEOPLE per booking.
- Face coverings are optional, as we are an outdoor event.
- We have put many procedures into place to keep you, our staff and our animals SAFE but please remember you are responsible for your actions and we ask you please, follow the government guidelines when it comes to social distancing.
FOOD AND DRINK
Our pub is now open to sit in. These tables cannot be booked online or by phone. If you want a table inside please go to the pub and book in on the day you arrive. They will be booked on the day, on a first come first served basis. This is down to people letting us down and not turning up this is the only way we can be fair to all.
- We only offer timed slots 11am til 12.30pm, 12.30pm til 2pm, 2pm til 3.30pm and 3.30pm til 5pm. Tables will only be held for 15 mins after your booking time and will be given to someone else if you have not arrived.
- These tables are for meals, NOT DRINK ONLY.
- Maximum of 6 per booking (PRAMS AND BUGGIES CAN NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE PUB FOR MEALS DUE TO LACK OF SPACE). Children are included in the Maximum of six, including those in high chairs, babies on laps are not.
- Food and drinks will still be served to outside tables from our kiosk (we have over 30 tables outside). THESE CAN NOT BE BOOKED. THEY ARE FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.
- Our food menu is limited at this time so please check with us before you come.
THIS IS A VERY DIFFICULT TIME FOR ALL… PLEASE BE PATIENT. WE ARE DOING OUR VERY BEST TO MAKE THIS AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE TO COME TO THE ZOO IN VERY DIFFICULT TIMES.
The Fenn Bell is very proud to hold Medway’s first zoo licence. All our animals you see here have come through rescue or from other zoos. We aim to give these animals a safe and enriching environment to live in. We are very proud of what we have built here at the Fenn Bell and do lots of work with schools on educating youngsters on these animals.
We hope that you will see and understand the work and commitment that goes into what we do. If you would like to discuss any thing to do with the animals while you are here please ask to speak to a member of staff, we will be pleased to have a chat.
Take a look at all that’s happening at the Fenn Bell Conservation Project. We hold events at Easter, Halloween and Christmas. Like our Facebook page to keep up to date with everything that’s happening.
The Fenn Bell Conservation Project was started with two Kune Kune pigs, Ginger and Spice. Seeing an add on the internet I fell in love with them and decided to bring them home to meet the wife. Little did I know how taking these two pigs on would change my life and open up a whole new world for me.
Fast forward to today and we have achieved so much. We have lots of local schools visit us to learn about the animals and the natural world. We are now working with Hadlow and Mid-Kent college with their animal management students helping to produce the next generation of zookeepers and conservation warriors.
We open to all, all year round to come and be part of our ever growing family of animals here at the FBCUK Project.
Our aim is to bring people and animals together in a way that can benefit both. With this in mind, we are developing our new conservation area where we hope to work on breed and release programmes with animals such as red squirrels, with this area becoming the keystone to our education programme. Conservation, education and research must be the way forward for us all.
As for Ginger and Spice, they are still here with us. We look forward to seeing you all here and hope you enjoy your visit.
Come and visit us
The Fenn Bell Conservation Project is located in Allhallows in Medway, Kent. We are open from 10.30am to 6pm between April 1st to October 31st, and from 10.30am to 5.00pm between November 1st to March 31st. We would love to see you, our address is:
The Fenn Bell Conservation Project
The Fenn Bell Inn
Fenn Street, St. Mary Hoo
Rochester, Kent ME3 8RF