To purchase this experience as a gift voucher click the button below.
Whilst every effort is made to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty, due to practicality and health and safety this cannot always be achieved, and it is advised that you contact us for advice prior to purchasing an experience or voucher.
Keeper For The Day
Now there’s no such thing as a typical day for any of our zoo keepers, but a typical Keeper For A Day experience may involve the following activities:
- Meet at least 6 of the different species living here
- Delivering feed to some of our animals
- Tour of kitchens and off public areas
- Food preparation for herbivores (fruit and vegetables)
- Food preparation for carnivores (meat and animal products, as well as live insects)
- Cleaning out and poo picking enclosures
- Enclosure refurbishment
- Animal enrichment
But working with animals is rarely typical, so be prepared for anything and don’t forget to bring your camera. There will be lots of photographic opportunities.
Availability can be seen on the calendar below;
Green – We are open and there are experiences available
Red – We are open, but these experiences are sold out
White – The experience is unavailable for that day, we may be closed so check the entry ticket calendar.